Monday, April 13, 2009

U.S. Troop Bags

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter with your families. Easter is one of the 4 days a year that the shop is closed, so I always cherish the day with my family. I had expected to have just 2 of my boys for dinner, and by 5pm, 5 of their friends had come to join us. It was delightful. And, since I don't know how to make a small meal there was plenty of food for everyone.

The shop is working on a little service project, and if you would like to join us it would be great. We are making cloth drawstring bags for U.S. Troops. The bags are donated to another group that fills them with goodies and ships them overseas. Often they are given to children in the area where our brave men and women are serving. The bags use 1/2 yard of fabric, cording and take about 1/2 hour to make. So, if you would like to join in the fun, you can go to http://creativethimble.com to download the free pattern, or stop by the shop for your copy. I plan to mail them out on May 1st. Thanks in advance for your patricipation in this project. Julie

1 comment:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

It was so nice of you to stop in and say hi! How very clever of you to notice that it was avacados in the Easter basket! It is great meeting you. Have a lovely week. Twyla