Friday, November 25, 2011

THANKSGIVING FRIDAY



I want to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving Friday!  Isn't that much nicer than Black Friday? This year there was more reports of violence in the Big Box Stores.  People pushing, fighting and even spaying Pepper Spray, to get the best bargain.

I like my little shop.  I want it to be a nice place to visit.  I want people to feel happy when they arrive, and satisfied when they leave.

American Express has used their Shop Small ad campaign again, for the second year.  I love the idea of shopping in stores where they know me, or know my family.  My father has purchased flowers from the same florist for over 15 years.  They knew my mom, helped with her funeral, did his wedding flowers 8 years ago, and make table arrangements for me each time Daddy and Ruthie come to visit.

I like to eat in places that know me.  If I order something different at Papa's Place or the Village Bean, they check to be sure I want to make a switch.  At our local Mexican restaurant, my Husband tells the waitress to 'just bring me something".  There is a sense of friendship and trust in places like that.

As a small business owner, I love knowing my customers.  I think of you when I am shopping for the store.  Who likes a certain author or fabric designer.  What kind of Block of the Month will my Saturday Girls like.  It's all about being a small business.

I hope you will keep this in mind as you are shopping and dining out this Holiday Season.  Small business is the cornerstone of our neighborhoods.  Support them, by Shopping Small!

1 comment:

Miss Jamee Quilts said...

I'm with ya Julie! I grew up in the Los Angeles area, but live in a small town now, and love it! I do my best to keep my lgs in business too!