Tuesday, January 26, 2016

2016



The start of 2016 has been busy, busy,  for me.

I have worked in the Shop, a lot.
I have spent a lot of time with new employees. (Yay!)
I seem to spend a lot of time on Face Time, with my grand baby, (Hip Hip Hoorah!!)
Physical Therapy twice a week, takes a lot of time, and a lot of recovery.

It is hard to believe we are nearly 1 month into the new year!

I am still not sewing.
I had a big fall in September.

But, I love to look at quilts, and search for new projects and ideas online.

Today, I was looking at a little quilt I bought in July.

There is a great 'Tail Gate Sale' in Country Village each year.  I love to dig 
around, and find a vintage treasure or 2.




This child's quilt is so sweet.  Lots of love in those patches.
It is stained, and some of the fabrics are frayed.  I like to think it was well loved.



Most of the fabrics on the front look like late 1800's era cloth.
But the back looks a bit more like the '20's or '30's.  


It is tied with yellow yarn.


The inside batting is very lumpy.

I always try to imagine the life of the Quilt.  Where it started, what it did along the way, 
and how it ended up at a parking lot sale, on a beautiful summer's day.

I've missed you.  I will be back soon!

xo j

No comments: