Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Happy Alphabet Quilt



In February, March and April, I was home with my husband,
who was recuperating from a Cardiac Arrest.
Or as we like to call it, The Event.

I didn't have much time to sew, but I thought I could
eek out a little time if he was napping.
I did not want to work on anything I had already started.
And it had to be HAPPY!

So, I pulled out my collection of 
PamKittyMorning
the Happiest Fabric on Earth.

And a cute little booklet, from Moda
Spell it with Fabric.



I made a bright pink J.  Cherries and Bright pink always make
a girl happy!



You have to make a few filler blocks.
Sew much fun!
Seriously, Strawberries, cherries and Forget-me-nots
all in the same block.  The happy meter was climbing!




A Scrappy Dutchman's puzzle.



A sweet sailboat.
We had a sailboat, when we were first married.
Bless Bill's heart.  He loved that boat.
Each and every other Stewart gets seasick.
We tried, we really did!



All together.
Oh, my!  I am so in love with this precious quilt!
I gave it to Pam, yesterday.
She will do something very Happy with it!!


And, yesterday afternoon, I ordered every stinkn" cute fabric
in PamKitty's next collection!
Look for it at the end of 2014.  xo j

2 comments:

Lisa D. said...

I love your Happy quilt, Julie. How can you not smile when you look at it? So pretty!

PamKittyMorning said...

it turned out great. It makes me happy just looking at it. even happier to hear good news about your boy friend!