Monday, September 15, 2008

Giving

I have been working for several months on organizing charity projects for the shop. It is amazing to me how many contacts I have made, and have had no response. I understand that many organizations are understaffed, and use volunteers for many of their positions. I have finally made contact with an organization that I have volunteered for in the past and am happy to announce a partnership with. It is Project Linus, you many have heard of this national organization. They make blankets for children in many areas of need. Their mission is to provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, or traumatized.

We are working on a date for January for a big blanket making day. I am hoping to use the Court Yard Hall, here in the Village for the event, but if that doesn't work we will use a large space near the shop. Please watch for the details both here and on the Website.

In the meantime, with the recent Hurricane in Texas, I know that many blankets will be needed to comfort the Children in the wake of the storm. If you have donations of 100 percent cotton, fleece, batting or yarn you can drop them off at the shop. Also, finished quilts or knitted or crocheted blankets are always welcomed. We will have all of the information you need at the shop. Just stop by of call us.

Thank you for helping me make a difference. Julie

1 comment:

Lori in South Dakota said...

So sorry you had problems finding a charity to work with, but project linus is a good one.