Saturday, January 31, 2009

I love book stores. I can wander around for a long time. Yesterday I was looking for a specific book which I found right away, and then I found myself in the Craft area. I have hundreds of books here in the shop, and hundreds more at home. But, somehow, I always find a few that I just have to have.

Yesterday was no different, I wanted to buy more, but I settled on 2 beautiful sewing books. The first is Seams to Me by Anna Marie Horner. Anna is a young talented fabric designer, and now an author. Her book is beautifully illustrated, with photo's and drawings of projects that are easy and fun for your home. Dog beds, aprons, quilts and the cutest pincushion I have ever seen! I will try and order this book for the shop. I am sure lots of you will love it, too!

The second book is Zakka Sewing, 25 Japanese Projects for the Household. Again, beautiful photographs of small projects for your home. My fave is the tape measure cozy. I can't wait to make one!

Tomorrow is the SuperBowl. I am sure many of you will be watching the game, eating wings and waiting for those wonderful commercials. Noel, Joyce and I will be the "team" playing at the shop. Stop by and say "hi" is you aren't a big fan. J

No comments: