Wednesday, March 30, 2011

More Quilt Show Peeks

 Inspiration was everywhere during the QA show.  I wanted to show you a few more quilts.  This was called Bay leaf.  What a wonderful way to use your 30's fabric!  I loved this quilt.  Hand appliqued and hand quilted.  The old fashioned way.

 I was thrilled to see this quilt.  I sold 3 or 4 bolts of the panel used in the squares.  I have seen a couple of quilts and everyone did a terrific job creating something unique.


 I love Mary Hickey and her quilts!!  This is such a beauty. Judy Pollard gave Mary several of these urn blocks, Mary made a few more and whipped this up.  I love the picket fence border.


 This was made with a vintage piece of fabric, from the Seattle Worlds Fair, in 1962.  There are fireworks quilted in the background.  A true Seattle tradition!


 You could almost hear the jungle sounds when you were looking at this quilt!



Loved this still life!


Amazing paper piecing and color selection!  Way outside of my box.  But, I loved it!

Quilt shows get my juices flowing.  So much of what I make, is done in a hurry, so I can use it in as a shop sample.  It is so nice to see these works of art.  One of a kind quilts.  Love, love, love them! 

There were over 500 quilts in the show this year.  The guild should be proud. 
They are encouraging their members to act on their passion.   

I have a a small quilt groups collection of quilts that I will post here in a few days.  So check back.  J

No comments: