Thursday, May 1, 2014

SAVING QUILTS, ONE UGLY DUCKLING AT A TIME!


Last week, I found this quilt in the linen closet.
It is really pretty ugly.  I have no memory of buying it.
Maybe someone gave it to me.
I just don't know how I came to own it.

It appears to be made by at least 2 makers.
Someone made these darling butterfly blocks.  
Her applique and embroidery are beautiful.
Her fabric choices were delightful.

The second maker, not so much.
The fabrics seem to be a little of everything.  
I have no way to describe it.
And the orange yarn.



I like to believe I purchased it, to take it apart 
and reuse the butterflies.

Who knows.

But, I needed a quilt for my car. So, I decided to
say a little prayer, toss it in the washer with a Color Catcher Sheet, and hope for the best.





Well, it held together, and it is nice and soft.

Crumples up nicely.




And now is living in the back of my car.
My son's fiance used it last week, after a brisk Ferry Ride.




I am glad I found it!  Again!

xo j

No comments: