Friday, April 10, 2009

Rag Time Quilt

It has been a long time since I have made a rag quilt, but I have seen more and more of them in the shop recently. So, I have been inspired to make one. There is a special little lady in my life who is having her 90th birthday next week, so this seemed perfect. I was a little taken aback when a customer wondered if a 90 year old would "get" the rag quilt concept. It didn't occur to me that it wouldn't be a "real" quilt with tiny stitches. They are just for fun, cozy, nap time. I am pushing ahead, hoping to wash it at least twice (at the local wash-a-teria) before I head to Coos Bay for the big party. Then, I want to make one for myself! It is a wonderful way to use all of those batting pieces that I just can't bring myself to throw away! Julie

No comments: