Saturday, March 28, 2009

Tri County Quilt Tour

It's day 4 of the Tri County Quilt Tour. Between last weeks quilt show and the tour I feel like I have seen nearly every quilter within a hundred mile range! It has been quite the "quilt extravaganda" 2 weeks. The problem is I miss my sewing room! I keep watching and helping people put together new projects, and I want to do the same thing! So, at 8:30 this morning I pulled fabric for a cowboy quilt, to go on the bed in the cowboy guest bedroom. Just cutting the fabric helped ease my withdrawl symptoms. Every new stack of fabric is a belief that I will sew again!

I have a new granddog, and maybe he needs a little blankey. My son Quinton picked him out at the shelter last Sunday. He had surgery Monday morning, including a microchip. Q picked him up early Monday afternoon, I stopped by about 45 minutes later. He was still pretty drugged, but friendly and adorable. A yellow lab, pit bull mix. Q took him for a walk about 15 minutes later, and J-Rock bolted. Took off running with his leash dragging behind. Q tried to find him, but he was gone. You can only imagine how he felt. On Wednesday afternoon he recieved a call from the animal shelter in Kent, which is at least 15 miles from where he lives. Someone found him, still with the leash on, tied him to a fence post and called animal control. As my son Cameron said "it was just like Homeward Bound". Yes, I think J-Rock deserves a quilt!

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

Hi Julie, I had a good laugh about Q's dog. I am sure he didn't think it was funny. You have been sooooooooooooo busy. Love, Ruthie