Wednesday, February 24, 2010

2010 OLYMPICS


I love the Olympics. I vividly remember Peggy Flemming's kelly green ice skating costume, and Dorothy Hamel's famous haircut. I have spent hours watching sports that would never catch my attention, but if it is part of the Olympics, I will watch. The human interest stories are the best part. They are inspirational, and this year, tragic.
I recently made a receiving blanket with the Canadian Maple Leaf flannel fabric for a young couple who are moving back to Vancouver this week. They are expecting a baby girl, Sage, in May. "How did you ever find Canadian Fabric?", "Our friends will be so impressed". It made perfect sense to me, to use the country themed fabric to celebrate their new baby, and a reminder that the Olympics were going on at the time they moved back home.
A simple receiving blanket is such an easy thing to make, and the young mom's love them. Easy to wash, and great to use in a car seat or a stroller.
Now, how am I going to get those Red Mittens?? J

No comments: