Wednesday, February 17, 2010

SMOOTH SAILING


A few months ago I posted a photo of the lighthouse block that I designed for the 2010 Tri County Quilt Tour. This is a fun event that takes place in March. Our group has 15 quilt shops from Bothell to Lynden WA. Each shop has designed a block with a nautical theme, and shared with the other shop owners. By March 1st, each shop in the Tour will have their version of the quilt finished and hanging in their store.
I put the last border on my quilt and handed it off to the quilter yesterday. I must say, I am pleased with the results. When I designed the lighthouse last fall, I made the commitment to hand applique the blocks. The problem with applique is, you have to sit still for hours to actually do your blocks! Looking at the picture, I am happy I made this decision. So much of what I do must be completed on the 'fly'. I had many wonderful hours watching movies, the Today Show, and the Olympics. I will always remember the Opening Ceremonies of the 2010 Olympics when I look at this quilt.
I will post a picture when it is quilted, embellished and bound. I hope you will stop in the shop after March 1st to enjoy it in person. Don't forget to mark your calendars for the Quilt Tour, Smooth Sailing. March 24-27 www.quilttour.com .

No comments: