Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dear Stella Designs

I fist fell in love with Dear Stella Designs last summer.  I was fortunate to spend a couple of hours with the women behind this new fabric company.  Young, fresh, exciting are all words that describe the fabric and the company.

By Fall Quilt Market there was a lot of buzz about Dear Stella.  A good friend, Laura and I went to a Launch party where they were serving Stellatini's.  A grand time was had by all!

My favorite collection was Anchor's Away.  A fresh Nautical group.  Traditional with a twist.  Navy, Lt. Blue, and .ORANGE!! I am still in the midst of my Orange Crush, so it was perfect for me!  There was a lot of talk in the shop about how to use this fabric.  The obvious was a traditional sailboat pattern.  Like this one from It's Sew Emma.  I wanted to really see the fabric, so I looked for a big chunky pattern.  I decided on


I wanted it to be a baby, small lap size.  So I just made 9 blocks.  It is so stinkin' cute, I really love it.



 I love the swirl quilting, it reminds me of water.





The large Anchor print is fab!  Love, love it!  I can imagine a wrap around skirt from the 70's.



 Anything in front of a picket fence is darling! 



 There was a lot of discussion about the binding.  The stripe.  The stripe on the bias.  The Navy 'Stella Dot'.
Orange.  I know Orange.  As it turns out, it was perfect!




 There she is.  Hanging on a line.  Cute as can be.  Now, if only there was a nursery to decorate!! J

2 comments:

Dear STELLA said...

Julie, this project is DEAR STELLA approved!! We love your application of Anchor's Away! Can't wait to see what you do with future Dear Stella fabrics!

mathangie said...

I love this quilt! I've been looking for the right pattern for this adorable fabric!