Friday, June 1, 2012

GRADUATION QUILT

I love this time of year.  Many customers are making graduation quilts.  T-shirt quilts are always popular, or quilts with a theme from the Graduates life.

This year it was my turn to make a quilt for my nephew, Dane.


Here he is a few years ago with his 'big cusins', my boys, Cameron and Quinton.





OMG, how did this happen??  Who is this young man, and what happened to my little nephew?




Well he grew up.  And he plays a 'big boy sport'.  Here he is 3rd from the left in the back row. Just look at the joy on his face.  Surrounded by his teammates, sweaty, happy boy!


There was no question what kind of a quilt I was going to make.
Had to be Hockey.



This is a great pattern for a large print.  We call it The 5 Yard Quilt.  We give you a free pattern when you buy 5 yards of fabric for the quilt!  (pay no attention to the fingers holding up the quilt!)

Tomorrow is the big day.  I won't be there to watch him toss his cap in the air, but my heart will be filled with pride.  I am sure his Daddy, my baby brother will have enough tears for both of us!

No comments: