Thursday, June 14, 2012

Vacation Week

Last week, my DH and I were on vacation.  We were really looking forward to being away, no responsibilities, and sun.  Yes, warm sun on our backs.  Sunglasses.  Miracle Suits.  BBQ weather.  Noodles in the pool.

It was beautiful on our drive to Central Washington.  The first evening was wonderful. We cooked on the deck.  Watched the stars come out.  Oh, the excitement of the week to come.

The next morning, reality set in.  We were still in Washington.  It is only June.  It was raining.  It rained a lot.  We had laptops, Kindle's, and cell phones.  I had been the wise one.  I brought my BFF, my Bernina.  And a couple of projects to keep me busy.  Boy, was I happy I did.

 
I set up my little workshop on the Dining Room Table.  I had to go to the local hardware store to buy and extension cord.  Well worth the $7.99!

As you can see, I have a little portable cutting mat.  It really is great for this kind of travel.  You don't have to worry about it warping.  It has an ironing surface, also.  The condo had an ironing board, so I didn't have to use it.



I brought one project all ready cut out.  I spent one lovely afternoon cutting out a second project.

I sewed for many happy hours.  The lighting was awful, and my camera battery just died.  So, I will show you the finished projects in a day or two.

The highlight came on Friday night.  The man of my inner 13 year old's dreams, came to town.


It was cold and rainy.  The venue was outside, it was covered. But in the front row, you still got a little wet. (Yes, I said Front Row!!)

I was on cloud 9.  Peter Noone was signing to me!!  I knew all the words, to all the songs.  He can still sing. He is funny and kind.  My poor husband was freezing.  But he stuck it out.

I saw Herman's Hermits in Portland,  when I was in the 8th grade.  The seats were far away, and all the girls were screaming.  I am sure, that I thought it was the best night, 'ever'.  This night beat it, hands down!!  J

No comments: