Friday, July 20, 2012

WHERE WAS I??

The day after the Shop Hop was over, I hopped on a plane and flew to LA.  Then my son and I drove 3,000 miles in 6 days.  Ending up in New York City!  He was moving, and wanted a road trip buddy.  What an exciting time we had.  It was HOT!  2 days of 112.  Every day was over 100.  That's tough on a girl from the North West.



This was an amazing statue of Marilyn Monroe in Palm Springs.  Gives a new meaning to "Pull up your big girl panties!  Yep, that's my boy taking a picture of them!


We had to make a U-Turn to see this sign up close.  We didn't add to it, but had a great laugh.



I had to stop in Needles!  Any quilter worth her salt would want a picture here.  There wasn't a quilt shop, but there was a Needles Point Pharmacy.   It is located on the Old Route 66.  And, it was steaming hot!


We stayed in Flagstaff, AZ on our second night.  We hit the mother lode when it comes to license plates.  19 different states in our hotel parking lot!  That's when we started making a list.  We saw 42 states, and 3 Canadian Provence's.



We made a stop in the Painted Desert.  It was breath taking.  We would have loved more time here.


I was born in New Mexico, sadly, the Visitors Center was closed.


In Mississippi we saw a sign for a Mariner's minor league team.  So we stopped for a photo.


In Nashville we took time for lunch at BB Kings. Cameron is sitting in front of a painting of Jerry Lee Lewis.




West Virginia is my husbands home state, so there were lots of pictures to send home!

We arrived in NYC at 10:30 that night.  Walked around Time Square, had an adult beverage, and did a little people watching.  The next morning at 8am I was on a flight back to Seattle. 

This was one of the most priceless weeks of my life.

If you ever have a chance to do something spontaneous with one of your sweet children, DO IT!  You won't ever be sorry.  xo J

2 comments:

Carol said...

OMG, Julie....I wondered where you went to. Thought maybe NYC, but not via Route 66! Sounds like a very special week for you.

Pam said...

such an awesome week...and memories for a lifetime xoxox