Thursday, May 9, 2013

VISITORS FROM DOWN UNDER


Yesterday was a great day.

We had 3 wonderful Australian visitors.
Gail Pan and Helen Stubbings along with Helen's daughter, Tess.

Both Gail and Helen are pattern designers.  
Patchwork, applique and embroidery.

I have known Gail and carried her patterns in the shop,
for several years.




You might recognise her Berries and Bluebirds pattern.
Joyce selected clear bright colors for her quilt, Gail's quilt was done in 
a more Country pallet.




Helen has a wonderful new method of making Hexi's!  I am super excited about 
picking these up, at Quilt Market next week. Her pattern Company is 
Hugs 'n Kisses.  She has 2 exciting new clubs, a Hexie of the Month, and 
a monthly Embroidery Club,  Get Knotted.
Oh, boy, are we going to be having a good time in our Clubhouse!

Helen's daughter, Tess, has been studying in the US for several weeks, 
and as you can see, she was very happy to be back with her Mama.




Gail's new book, Simply Christmas  2013,
is in the shop.  It is full of delightful projects to
decorate your home or to give as gifts.
She has a way of combining patchwork and embroidery that
makes me smile.  I love her work!



This little treasure was given to me, by Gail.
I wanted to squeal,  it makes me so stinkin' happy!
Thank you, ladies for a day filled with fun and inspiration!  xo j

No comments: