Friday, December 14, 2007

11 days until Christmas

Yikes! I am not sure how it happens. It seems like I should be ready before anyone. I order fabric and patterns 10 to 14 months in advance, I am surrounded by inspiration. I always think that I have more than enough time to make gifts for all of my friends and family. And then I wake up in the middle of the night and realize that is only 11 days until Christmas, and I have only made 4 potholders, and I have given 3 of them away!

Charm packs and Jelly Rolls are the only answer, everything is cut for you. There are darling patterns, or you can just sew them together randomly. It is the only way I will get anything finished. However, I have had a few long-arm quilters stop in to tell us that they can still quilt a few things before Christmas. I wonder if they have any idea that it is only 11 days away?

I will let you know if I get anything done over the weekend! Keep stitching, Julie

No comments: