Friday, December 28, 2007

Chrismas

One of the fun things about this time of the year is meeting so many family and friends of my customers. Before Christmas I see husbands, mothers, children and friend in the shop, looking for something special for the quilter in their family. I try to ask who they are shopping for, and many times I know who they are!

The husbands are the best, some just come to the counter wanting a gift certificate, others try to browse. Thinking they will "know" the perfect gift when they find it. I know how they feel, I have shopped in boat and motorcycle shops for years. My husband has always been kind about my choices, but I'm not sure I really knew what I was doing. Some of your spouses were so grateful that we could help them here, they gave us the rest of your list, and wanted help with that too! We made phone calls, directed them to other stores or on-line sites. Hopefully you all got exactly what you were looking for.

I was surrounded by my family on Christmas Day. Just what I wanted. My Dad, his wife, my 3 sons, my husband and his 2 kids. It was wonderful, until the band decided that since they all had the day off, they should have band practice. I protested, but they assured me they would "keep it down". They did this while son#1 was napping, big mistake. He went upstairs twice to "Quiet" them down, but when the windows started to rattle, I went up and ended it. What would Christmas be without a little family glitch.

Gotta love 'em!

No comments: