Monday, August 18, 2008

Summer

The summer is speeding by! I can't believe it, it used to seem so long, and lazy. Now I speed thru everything.

I just finished my last Moda U block this morning. I am really happy with my blocks, it will be fun to set them together. Both Joyce and I are planning on making a few changes to the original pattern. Since this was a mystery to us both, we were doing it along with the girls in the Moda U club, so it was a little hard to plan color choices, when we did not know what the outcome was going to be. We will have a potluck and reveal the final 2 blocks next week. The finished quilt tops will be in the shop, we are going to send them off for quilting together, they are a little like fraternal twins!

I recently went on a retreat with Terri Atkinson, from Atkinson's Designs. It was a wonderful experience all of the attendees were quilt shop owners, and we had a great time making samples and trading ideas. So, watch for some new things to come!

It is good to be back blogging! Julie

1 comment:

lissa said...

I can't wait to see your Moda U quilts.

Lissa