Saturday, May 24, 2008

Fabric, fabric everywhere fabric!

I know I promised photo's, but I just haven't had everything lined up this week! Maybe this afternoon, I can sneak into my office for more than 3 minutes and get to it. I am surrounded by mounds of wonderful fabric that I bought at sample spree. Fabric that won't be in the shops for months, but I have fat quarter towers, jelly rolls and layer cakes of about 10 groups from Moda. The goal is to make samples before the yardage comes into the shops, so you will be inspired right from the minute it arrives. Yesterday I spent a lot of time looking thru books and patterns to make little kits for my staff. At least 9 projects went out of the door! Hopefully a couple more will go today. I have 3 things to be quilted before they go up.

I did hang several new samples on Thursday. A beautiful batik quilt from the new Atkinson book, Time Out Quilts. 3 new table runners, 2 from Anka's Treasures and one from GE Designs. A wonderful scrap quilt from the Wild Rose collection from Moda. And a beautiful small quilt from Quilted Quickies made with Sanctuary fabrics. I have more to hang, but I can only do this when the shop is closed. Joyce and Noel came in at 8 on Thursday to help me. We always get a good work out and a few laughs as we are trying to manuver a huge ladder in cramped spaces!

Wish me luck with the photos today! J

No comments: