Friday, October 23, 2009

COSMO EMBROIDERY THREAD


Thread is a beautiful part of sewing. I love it when the thread units in the shop are full. The colors are just amazing. We use different threads for different purposes. There are many more choices today than ever before. I spend a lot of time thinking about the thread in the shop. I spend a lot of time thinking about ordering new thread for the shop. Ultimately I order the thread for you, my customers. But, when I am making the decision about what new thread I am going to purchase, it is all about me. When I place an order it often takes months before the new unit and all of the thread arrives. I think about it. I think about using it, I think about where it will go in the shop. I wonder if I have made the right decision. I wonder if you will like it. But, on the day it arrives, it is all mine. All, 1,152 spools of it. I love putting the display together, I love opening each box and finding the right spot for it. I love when it is full, and beautiful and all mine.
I ordered Cosmo Hand Embroidery thread in July. It arrived a couple of days ago, this afternoon I was able to get it out of the stock room, and spend time playing with it. It is everything I had hoped for. It looks beautiful sitting right next to my favorite thread for hand applique, Aurifil. It is all ready for you! I hope you will love it as much as I do.
The thread is cotton, made in Japan for the Lecien Company. They make the finest of the Japanese fabrics. Now, they make the finest hand embroidery thread on the market. It comes on a spool, 2 strands ready to embroider. There are 88 meters on a spool, and it is $4.20 a spool.
Compare it to DMC floss. DMC has 8 meters in a skein, with 6 strands. If you divide it into 2 strands for your projects you will have 24 meters to work with. It is about the equivalent of 4 skeins. Our skeins are $.70 a skein. So it is a little more expensive, but a much higher quality thread. Kay Harris has been using it on her Flights of Fancy sample for the shop, and she is ready to switch completely to Cosmo.
Some of the pattern company's that are using Cosmo are, Crabapple Hill, Bunny Hill and Acorn Quilt and Gift Company. I hope you will give it a try!

No comments: