Saturday, March 20, 2010

National Quilting Day


Today, March 20th is National Quilting Day. Did this holiday sneak up on you? I did see it mentioned from one of my vendors, but it isn't listed on my calendar. I don't think anyone at my house remembered this date. However, I have been saving this picture for a special occasion, and I think this is it!
Last summer when my BFF was in Sisters for the big quilt show, she sent this picture to me. Isn't it amazing! I can't imagine how (or why) this could be accomplished. I guess it is the perfect cover for your car when you are going to a quilt show, but man what a lot of work!!
The windows and the windshield are covered with a plastic mesh. If you made something like this, you could never get rid of your car. Alterations for a new car would be a nightmare. I wonder if one person made this, or if it was a group effort. It looks like the blocks were from many projects, maybe from many people. How in the heck did they quilt it? How do they wash it? It is very puzzling to me, I have tons of questions about this 'car quilt', but there is no one to ask. So, if you know this maker, would you please have them contact me. I will do an interview and report back to you!
Happy National Quilting Day! J

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw a "quilt4u" license plate yesterday...weird!

Unknown said...

I saw the license plate "quilt4u" that day...weird!