Monday, March 15, 2010

Plans for the weekend?


It's finally here, QA's big quilt show. It's such a wonderful show, we all look forward to March!
My husband and sons are happy I am out of the house, so I don't get in the way of March Madness.
This year there will be over 500 quilts on display! Sounds yummy to me. There will be 30 merchants to tempt you. Our booth will be in the main building, so come say "Hi". We have several new samples that will be hanging, it's always fun to put them up and see them for the first time!
I am in love with this years poster. Lisa Jenni is a wonderful artist and a member of Quilters Anonymous. She has painted the poster for several years now. In the past they have had posters for sale, as well as note cards. It's a great way to add a little art work to your sewing room, and support QA at the same time.
If you live locally and are not a member of Quilters Anonymous, you should consider joining. They have wonderful national speakers and workshops. It is also a great way to find 'like minded' quilting buddies. Not all of our friends understand the 'need' to have plastic tubs filled with color coded fabric, or the stack of unfinished projects, or the cupboards filled with finished quilts. If I had a nickle for every time someone asked me 'what are you going to do with another quilt....' J

No comments: