Thursday, September 30, 2010

When I was at Quilt Market in May, I talked with Polly Minick and Laurie Simpson about having a trunk show of their quilts. Yesterday the box arrived!! Yes, there are 3 beautiful quilts, made by these talented sisters, hanging in the shop. They are truly breath taking, my pictures don't do them justice. The 1st quilt is 3 Brothers Farm. We all loved this pattern when it first came out, made with Flag Day Farm fabric.


Now, they have remade it using their newest collection Claremont Farm. It is wonderful. Many of the blue fabrics in this collection are softer than usual, giving it a time worn look. I love that they used a floral grid for the flags.



This is a wonderful scrappy quilt named for their brother. Patrick's Patchwork. It looks complex, but the piecing is really very straight forward. It makes me want to go home and pull out all of the red, white and blue fabrics in my sewing room! Of course I would need to add a few more, the more fabrics the better!


This is Alma's Quilt. I thought it was sweet of them to name a quilt after one of the BlackBird Ladies, then I read the back of the pattern. Their maternal Grandmother was named Alma, also a very sweet thought. This is really a striking quilt, simple and sophisticated. This photo does not come close to showing you how beautiful it really is. The way they have sprinkled a few tan fabrics in the triangles makes it sparkle. And the large red triangles are yummy!
These quilts are beautifully quilted. You need to come in are stare at them for a while, you will be happy you did!
One more thing. Tomorrow is the first day of the 91 Mile Yard Sale, don't miss it! Great bargains all up and down I-5 in your LQS's! J


No comments: