Wednesday, February 16, 2011

BIRDS OF A FEATHER-SNEEK PEEK

 I have been working on a project for our upcoming Tri County Quilt Tour.  This is our Spring shop hop.  3 county's, 91 miles, 14 wonderful LQS's.

Each year we decide on a theme, and each shop designs a quilt block reflecting the theme.  In September we meet, bring our blocks for show and tell, and exchange patterns.  We each go back to our shops and design a quilt using all of the block patterns.  It is really fun to see what everyone comes up with.

This year we are calling the Quilt Tour 'Birds of a Feather'.  We each designed a bird house block. Super fun, don't you think?

 This is the block I designed, Noel did a beautiful job of appliqueing it!


 This darling little house was pieced by Patty.  It was designed by Calico Creations in Mount Vernon.


 This Chicken is from The Quiltmakers Shoppe in Arlington.  Kay Harris made this for me,  her little scarf is 3 dimensional!


Here is our quilt.  I am taking it to my quilter today.  We used fabrics from many different Blackbird Designs collections.   Then center block was embroidered by Pamela at Moondog Embroidery.  I am super happy with the way it turned out!

It will come to life when Pam is done quilting it-'It's not a quilt until it's quilted'.  J

1 comment:

patty said...

I can hardly wait!