Sunday, February 27, 2011

How I spent my last weekend...

 Last week, with my car packed full of sewing supplies and my 2 BFF's, Suzanne and Betsy, we headed off for 4 bliss full days of sewing.  We were joined by 10 of our best quilting buddies.  What a wonderful weekend it was!


I put the borders on a beautiful red and white scrap quilt that I started a year ago.



 Colleen finished her Christmas stocking that were made from a vintage bed spread.  They will look elegant for years to come.  Ellie was working on the cutest tiny 9 patches.


 Betsy's was working on her daughters wedding quilt.  Super Cute!  The center of each square was signed during the reception last October.  It is going to be a wonderful memory of that magical evening.


 Suzanne was working on a Moda Bake Shop project.  It will grace her bed on the 4th of July.



 Marla brought her hand appliqued blocks to sew together.  This was breath taking!

 This is a close up of one block.  This was a pattern in a magazine, by Pat Sloan.  I believe it was called August Breeze.

 This is Laurie's tidy work station.  She was working on a quilt for Quilts of Valor.  A wonderful cause.


 Kay made this cute little zippered pouch.  I was the lucky recipient. 


 Marla brought this for show and tell.  She had worked on it at a previous retreat.  I love house blocks, and those little floating stars.  The best!


 I made this Hobo Bag for the shop.  It's a Kwik Sew pattern. 


 I am in love with orange fabric!! An Orange Crush if you will!!  I jumped into my basket of orange and started to make pinwheels.  Before I knew it I had 35 of them!


Bob the Turtle Purse was along for the retreat. He had a difficult time selecting from the menu at JJ"s Fish House!!

There were many projects that I did not photograph.  Aprons, quilts, receiving blankets and more.  However the very best part of the weekend was the friendship in the air.  We have been doing this for 13 years. We have been through a lot with each other.  A sisterhood of women, brought together through the love of quilting.  I cherish our time together.  Long Live the Killer Bee's!!

2 comments:

Roniquilts2 said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time, Julie. Really enjoyed seeing the pictures of the projects. Thank you for sharing!
I can't wait for my schooling to be over so I can get some quilting in again. LOVE reading your blog and your store's newsletter. Wished we lived closer. Take care of yourself.

Ronda

LMPotts said...

Where did you get the turtle purse? I love it!!!!