Monday, August 8, 2011

Finishing

During the last few weeks, 2 of the women who work in the shop have been bringing in Show and Tell.  They are older projects, that they have dusted off and decided to finish.  I believe Lisa www.stashmaster.typepad.com started the whole thing.  Then Kay Hobby http://quiltstudiohappenings.blogspot.com/  joined in the fun. 


This weekend, I decided I wanted to play, too.  So, I dug out 2 very happy projects.  And finished them up!!  A proud moment, I must admit.

The first quilt is made from the happiest fabric on earth.  Flower Sugar, from Lecien.  I have loved this fabric since the moment I layed eyes on it.  It's like candy.  I have wanted to sew with it, but I didn't really want to cut it all up.  At least not on the first project.  So, this little pattern (Red Rose, by Villa Rose Designs) was the perfect answer.  Big chunky pieces.  Yippee!  I am in love, love, love with it.





 Then there was Bliss.  Just saying the word Bliss makes me a happy girl.  And sewing with the Bliss fabric made me even happier. I mean, really, Turquoise and Red.  How could anyone every have a bad day, if they surrounded themselves with those colors.




 I cut this quilt with my Accuquilt Studio.  Making these blocks, Easy Peasey.



Just look at those points!!

Now, I can get busy with fall samples for the shop.  But, this weekend was all about me!  J

No comments: