Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Summer Time, And The Livin' Is Easy

Well, it's finally happened.  Summer has arrived in the Pacific NW.  It took longer than usual this year.  The tomato's aren't ripe.  We've continued to wear sweat shirts, while the rest of the country couldn't figure out how to cool down.

When this happens, our quilting changes, also.  It is no longer binding season.  We pull our hair up and cook outside.  Both my sewing room, and my laundry room are on the 2nd floor of my house.  If I do laundry, it has to be very early.  Otherwise, my house is like a sauna.  The same is true for hanging out in my sewing room.

I am very lucky.  I have dozens of unfinished projects.  There is always hand work to be done.  Just not binding.  If you aren't as lucky as I am, and need an idea of what to work on for the next few days, I have a few suggestions.

Have you always wanted to make a Grandmother's Flower Garden?  Now is a great time to start one!

How about a Dresden Plate?  Maybe you have some treasured blocks waiting to be finished.

This wonderful new pattern from The Vintage Spool, would put you in the mood for a French vacation next summer.


You could jump start your Halloween sewing!  This has to be the cutest book on the market.  You could just make one block.  But just which Critter would you choose?


You could do a little Red Work, and when the weather cools down, you could put it into a darling little quilt.


This delightful book, by Lynette Anderson, has applique and embroidery.  Little projects, big projects.  If you, or someone you love, is an animal lover, there are some pretty wonderful projects between the covers of this book.

So, basically, I just want to let you know that even though it is warm outside, you can still sew!!  And, I hope you will.  It will make you happy, I just know it.  J

No comments: