Saturday, October 29, 2011

LET THE MARKET BEGIN

Yesterday was a long day of classes, lectures and shopping. 8am until 10pm.  I do this just for you, my favorite customers!

Today, I have walked the market floor (all 500 plus vendors!)

Yesterday I went to a couple of fun designer lectures.

One was with Minick and Simpson.  They had several quilts from their new book Victory Girls.






Sue Daley is a designer from Australia.  She is passionate about English Hand Piecing.  Her work is amazing.  This is her version of a Double Wedding Ring table runner.



This is the most amazing Grandmother's Flower Garden!



 To Give you a little perspective, I took this picture of my hand near the center of the quilt.


 I think the seam allowance in the center hexagons is bigger than the pieces, themselves.


 This closeup is one of the hexagons in the main body of the quilt.  The 'larger' ones if you will.

Sue has a new book coming out, Patchwork for Busy Fingers.  If you love Hexies, this is perfect for you.



During one presentation by Andover Fabrics, I was sitting near Lizzy House.  She is just as cute as her name.  I have followed her career for a couple of years.  Such a talented young lady.



This is her Color Wheel quilt.  Pretty fabulous.

I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!  J

1 comment:

Pam said...

so jealous.....glad u r having fun...xo