Wednesday, January 25, 2012

SNOW (SEW) DAYS!


If you live anywhere in the Seattle area, you know that last week was a snow week.
If you don't live in this area, you probably think we are 'snow wimps'. 
You might think that, until you try driving around in it!

I live 7 blocks down a hill.  It was plowed on the 6th day of the storm. My dead end street was never plowed.  So, as long as the power was on, I stayed home and did a little sewing!



I decided it was a perfect time to work on my Year of Schnibbles quilt.  Full House. I selected 2 charm packs from Benertex' Sweet Shoppe, Calico Candies.  Oh, these fabrics make me happy!!




I love a 'bright pastel'.  It might be a term I made up, but it makes me happy-so I'm using it!



One sweet little house finished!


Once I had the quilt top done, I was still snowed in.  I am not a machine quilter.  Just sayin'.
But, this seemed like a manageable task.  Love my Bendable Bright Light!



TA DA!  Just look at those Sinkin' Cute houses!  They remind me of Gum Drops.  And, my signature 'Schwerve' quilting around the border!



And, I love my Serpentine stitch!  I want to live in this neighborhood!




Several of the ladies in the shop are making this cutie pie.   Kay finished hers during the storm, also.  She used Moda's Hideaway.  So adorable!  I want to make another!

Then the power went off.  For FOUR days.  I have lost a little momentum, but I have a game plan! J


1 comment:

Debbie said...

Thinking this was the quilt I saw in the shop today - just darling! (Love Noel's Hometown too!) And I'm a serpentine stitch fan - love quilting with it long and wide!