Friday, August 3, 2012

FRIDAY'S VINTAGE FINDS


I have never seen a field of sunflowers.

I would love to.  Those happy faces all looking at the sun.
I have always loved them.  I have planted a few, with little success.

A couple of weeks ago, I had an extra half and hour.  This doesn't happen very often.  I am usually on a pretty tight schedule.  However, on this day, I was meeting one of my son's for lunch and I was a little early.
So, I decided to check out an antique store, that I hadn't been in before.

Always on the lookout for children's sewing machines, old baby planters, Fiesta.  Someones unfinished quilt top or needle work. I'll know it when I see it, kind of shopping.

Well, I hit the jackpot.




This beautiful Sunflower Quilt was in the dark, back corner of the shop.
Beautifully appliqued, and hand quilted.

I imagine it was made in the 30's.  The fabric has not faded a bit.  There are a few worn places in the binding, so I know it was used.  I am sure it was loved.

It is hard to believe no one in the Quiltmaker's family wanted it.
This is just fine with me.

I will love it and give it a wonderful home.

I can see a whole field of sunflowers dancing in the sun, can't you?  xo J


No comments: