Friday, August 10, 2012

FRIDAY'S VINTAGE FINDS


Two weeks ago there was a Tailgate Sale in the Country Village
parking lot. 

I was not going to browse shop.

I needed to stop by the shop that morning.  Can't remember why needed to do something important.

I am not sure how it happened, but I was sucked into the Vortex of Vintage. 
A land that I love.

There were many wonderful things to look at.  And, great people to
chat with.  I ran into Dottie Angle .  I love her style, so I was peeking in her bag, to see
what wonderful goodies she had found.

Then I saw a table piled high with quilts. 
I was doomed.


This is about how much I could see of this sweet thing.


As I opened it, I could tell the plates were a little 'wonky'.

 

I have said it before, EVERTHING looks adorable on a picket fence!


The binding is pink.  Be still my heart.


Just look at that fabulous orange print!


And those little white bunnies on the blue fabric. 


The soft, hand quilted muslin on the back.


The wind is blowing a bit, but you get the idea.

This is one wonderful quilt.

Look at that cute border.

This is the reason that you should never skip a Tailgate Sale!!  xo J

No comments: