Monday, September 10, 2012

Catching Up



Where has the summer gone?

I know I have been away.  A lot.

LA
Lake Chelan
Portland
LA to NYC (6 days in a car with my boy.)
Mt Rainier
Lake Chelan
Birch Bay
McCall, Idaho (Birthday Boy)
Odyssa, WA
Reardon, WA (Buggy Barn Show)
and this week, NYC (more Boy time)

Yep, this is my list.  I think there were a couple of other trips to Portland.

I have taken a lot of pictures and written a number of Blog Posts in my head.

Let's start with Reardon.

If you are local, you know that there are only a couple of business in the middle of the wheat fields.  The Buggy Barn, is by far the best!

The Rooster Cafe was a close second.



This is it.  The famed Buggy Barn Shop. 

All decorated for the show.
I knew it was a small shop.
Packed full of wonderful sights
Inspiration.



It didn't seem too crowded.
So, we thought we would take our chances inside.




I tried to stand in one spot and take a few pictures.
To give you the idea of just what 'not too crowded' looks like
on Show Day! 

I was able to wiggle myself up to the check out area,
and make a few purchases. 

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL QUILT SHOP!


The sky was so blue, and so big!  Really a beautiful sight.



Quilts on fences as far as you could see.


Just loved this flag.



Beautiful Wool quilt. 

I don't know who PLS is, but she did a beautiful job.


Mary Lou Wiedman's influence was all through the show.



I love a basket quilt, and the simple applique really set these baskets off.
Stunning.


Love.


I didn't take a far-away picture of this beauty.

It was a vintage quilt top.  Machine quilted, and little bundles of french knots in the center of the design.

Really great to give an old top a new twist.



The colors in this quilt were really wonderful.



If you are ever in Eastern Washington, the last weekend of August.

Go.  It is worth the trip!




No comments: