Monday, October 20, 2014

A LITTLE SUNDAY SEWING



Having a new grand baby has me looking a fabric differently.

She is 6 weeks old, and right now they dress her in a diaper and a blanket.
Unless they are taking her out of the house.


The Beautiful Aiyana.

Yesterday, I made 2 little receiving blankets.
A Christmas flannel one.
Just 2 pieces of flannel, I use 1 1/4 yards each.  So they are square.
Sewn, right sides together, with a little space left open to turn.
I rounded the corners, using a plate as a template.
Then, I top stitched two rows of stitching 1/4" apart.

Easy Peasy.



For this one, I used the tutorial from Missouri Star Quilt Company.
I have used this many times, and love the results.

For this little receiving blanket I used cotton on one side and flannel on the other.
This is a pretty wrinkly picture, but you get the idea.



This is the sweetest fabric, EVER!  It is from Lecien's Old New collection.
What precious baby wouldn't love 'Little Honey Baby Story' on their blanket?


Or the wolf saying 'little girl'


And Cherries, and Strawberries on pink gingham.  
Simply my favorite fabric of the day!


Today, a customer brought in this precious, tiny treadle sewing machine to be serviced.
It stands 24" tall, the wooden table is 18" x 10".
My heart skipped a beat!


It was made by Ideal.
I wonder if my sweet Aiyana, would like to sew on one like this?

xo j

No comments: