Sunday, May 4, 2008

May Day


My May Day resolution is to sew more, weed my flower beds and to blog on a regular basis. This morning I made a darling baby quilt using charm squares, and nearly finished a cowboy quilt top. So, I am sewing! I came into my office to do a little paperwork, and found myself in front of the computer. So, I am blogging! Now, do we think I will really go home and do a little weeding? Well, 2 out of 3 is pretty darn good.

Sewing with charm squares and jelly rolls gives me a certain push to do other things. You know how sometimes you just don't want to work on an old project, but you really want to sit at your machine? That's when I pull out the pre-cut fabric. It's the immediate gratification that I need. Then, I can take a deep breath and work on something that may be more difficult, or that I am stuck in a rut with. I've even sewn charm squares together in the middle of the night when I can't sleep! I have a no cutting rule after 2am!

It's quiet here at the shop today and the sun is shining, so I just might go home and pull a few weeds. I'll let you know! Julie

No comments: