Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Gift Ideas-Day Five



Calendars are always on my families wish list. I usually spend quite a bit of time at the Calendar kiosk in the Mall. Looking for just the right calendar for each of my boys. I usually end up with sports or animals. Often I am the last one on the list, I always think I will get a calendar at the shop, but they are often gone by January 1st. This year will be different, I am a calendar girl! Miss November to be exact. My quilt is, anyway. The Tri-County Merchants Association has a quilt tour each March. A shop hop at a slower pace. Last year 16 shops participated, each shop designed a star block and exchanged them with the other owners. Then each shopowner designed a quilt using all 16 of the blocks. The quilts were all so beautiful, and different that we decided to put them into a calendar with all of the block patterns included. It really is fun to see how differently we interpreted the quilts. It's a 16 month calendar, starting in January 2010, listing some of the quilt shows in our area, as well as the dates for the Tri-County events.

No comments: