Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Where has the time gone?

Is it just me, or does it seem not so long ago that the buzz word was Y2K? What would happen to our computers, the cash machines and digital watches? Would the world as we know it come to an end? Would we be able to buy food and water? It's been 10 Years! Can you believe it?

How many projects have I started? How many have I finished? These are always interesting questions at the beginning of a new year. In the last few days I have had the opportunity to spend a little time in my sewing room. Trying to clear a path, gathering up projects to take to a retreat next week. I discovered a quilt project that was totally cut out, with the pattern, ready to go. The problem is, I have no memory of doing this! Have any of you done this?? I assume I cut it out in the middle of the night. Something I sometimes do, when I can't sleep. It was like a little present that Santa left for me. I've pieced the blocks, and most of the rows. My goal is to have the top together before 2010! I am taking my camera home today, I will take a picture and post it as soon as it is finished. A bonus quilt for the 1st decade of this millennium.


A little reminder, the shop will be open on Friday, January 1st from 11-4. It's our annual New Year's Day Sale. It's a wild 5 hours, come if you dare. All of our regular priced fabric will be 20% off. No pre cut goods or kits, will be on sale. All of Christmas (excluding Jim Shore) is 50% off.

No comments: