Wednesday, April 7, 2010

MODA-MODA-MODA

When my boys were young, my husband taught them a mantra "It's a great day to be alive".
They are young adults now, and I occasionally hear one of them repeating their Daddy's words. Well, today is my turn "It's a great day to be a Quilt Shop owner!"


UPS Rob delivered the latest collection from the French General by Moda, Rural Jardin. It will take your breath away. It has the beautiful reds and taupe's that were in Rouennries, with the addition of blues. If you loved the 1st group, you will not be disappointed in the sophomore collection!


The other reason for the happy dance today has to do with my plans for the rest of the week. At the crack of dawn, I am hopping on a plane to Dallas. I am going to a Shop owners retreat at the Moda headquarters!! I will be taking classes from Joanna Figuerioa, from Fig Tree Quilts, several business Guru's, and my good buddy, Roseann Kermes, from Rosebud's Cottage. It will be informative, interesting and most of all Fun! Of course Moda Lissa will be there, the Urban Chicks and Howard Marcus.
The photo above was taken when I visited Moda the 1st time. For a girl who loves a sock monkey, this guy was a dream come true. Stay tuned for pictures from this trip! J

2 comments:

Emily. said...

It's a great day to hug a giant sock monkey!!! :)

Pam said...

It's a great day to be a quilter, with your nice shop close by. You need one of those big sock monkeys! Have fun at your retreat, can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. Bowling is at my house on the 19th, will you be back by then? Hope so!