Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pincushions At Moda

Susan Fuquay, editor of American Quilt Retailer, spoke about the unexpected. Things that are not always what they apear to be. This 'tuffet' is a wonderful example of that. This was so adorable, everyone was taking pictures of it!


How about this basket of 'inflatable' pincushions. Would you put a pin in one? Do you think the air will escape if you take the pin out?





This is more familiar, but would you put a blue tack in your beautiful wool pincushion?


I love pincushions, especially old ones. I wonder about the seamstress who left it behind. Recently, I realized I had collected dozens of old pincushions, needle holders and other vintage sewing notions. I am going to share them with you. Starting next week, I will be posting each Wednesday about those notions. So, if it's Wednesday, it must be Vintage Notions. Please join me. J


No comments: