Monday, June 7, 2010

LET'S DO THE TWIST!

One of the fun new tools I picked up at Quilt Market was the Twister Tool. It helps you make complicated looking quilts in a Jiffy!


The tool comes in 2 sizes. The large quilt in the booth was made with a layer cake and the large Twister ( the border was made with 2 charm packs and the small Twister), and the smaller one on the right was made with a charm pack and the small Twister.
I had heard about this little tool from a fellow shop owner, who demonstrated them last fall at the Minnesota State fair. I looked for their booth, watched a demo, and then thought about it for about 10 days until I could try it for myself.


Here is my little wall hanging! One Bird Song charm pack, a little border fabric, one small Twister Tool, and 2 mornings of sewing before work. Pretty Stinkin' cute! I have a Fresh Squeezed layer cake and the large Twister on my cutting table. Hopefully, by the end of the week I will have that top finished!
Stop by the shop for a little demo. We are all loving it! J

1 comment:

Melisa @ Sweet Home said...

I am in LOVE with this tool, Julie! I did a tiny (4x4 block) sample using Aunt Grace 30s that is too cute, and we're working on a layer cake sample using Moda's Heritage layer cakes that is wonderful also! I'm even experimenting with it in borders, etc. Love your sample, too, with the dark borders...very striking!