Saturday, June 19, 2010

Making My Own Sunshine

I know summer will come, but when? In the NW we are fond of telling people from other parts of the country that it rains all the time in Seattle. It's our way of discouraging people from moving here. Yes, it rains, but not every day and not very hard. This year has been the exception. It didn't rain yesterday, and it hasn't rained this morning. However,the weatherman has warned us that by this afternoon it will return. You might need and umbrella to BBQ for Father's Day.


I decided to make my own little sunshine out of the Riley Blake "Rainy Days and Mondays" umbrella fabric. I made this fast little table runner with a Pieced Tree Designs pattern. You know the ones, those cute little laminated cards that are hard to resist. You can't buy just one! I keep mine in a small photo album, and I like all of the pages full.


When I was cutting the fabric for the table runner, I realized that the cute dot I was using for the border is actually the birds eye view of the opened umbrellas. Clever designer! I don't know who the designers are for Riley Blake, I am going to have to find out. They are really great, I seem to love almost everything that comes from that company.


I want a pink umbrella will ball fringe on it! J

No comments: