Tuesday, June 15, 2010

SUMMER SEWING FUN

There is something about a 9 patch block, that just makes me happy. They are easy to make, so there is instant gratification. They call out, "make me scrappy". A perfect little block to help reduce your stash.

When Karen (www.karensayssew.blogspot.com) wrote about making a ninepatch a day it sounded like fun. When Roseann (http://rosebudscottage.typepad.com) wrote about people saying they didn't have time to sew during the summer, it all came clear to me.




So, I started pulling both red and yellow fabrics from my stash. I cut 21/2" squares and put them in a basket. I must admit I have not made one block a day. But, I have 8 blocks put together. They really make me happy. Just a quiet little project that I can pick away at all summer.


If you are on face book, go to the search box and put in 9 patch project. There are over 600 people that are "friends" and they are starting to post pictures of their blocks. Later in the summer, Karen has promised she will show different setting ideas.

This would be a great idea for making charity quilts. So, why not make 2 blocks a day. One for yourself, and one to give away. I hear the buzz words, 'stash reduction'. What a great way to use up some of those fabrics that you have in your scrap basket.

In the shop Kay Harris, Kay Hobby, Faith and I have already started. Why not join us in the fun! J

No comments: