Monday, July 26, 2010

Quilt Shop Owners on Retreat

Quilt shop owners love a retreat as much as our customers do. This is my big retreat week. I have traveled to Amish country in Wisconsin to join 19 other quilt shop owners from across the country. This is my 3rd year to attend. I have made wonderful friends, and terrific samples for the shop. It might be my favorite week of the year. Tonight we all covered little note books, and told a little about ourselves. Mine was covered with cherries and had a little button. Pretty adorable.



Terry Atkinson is our hostess. She has great ideas for helping our customers be successful. We always get to sew with patterns that are not on the market yet, by the time the patterns are printed, we all have finished samples to show you, our favorite customers.

She always has the cutest tablescapes. Tonight theme was "Ice Cream Social" Decorated with darling bags and kits for us to sew later this week.




The table runner was from her book "Let's do Lunch". I know many of you have it in your library. Dig it out and make this bright runner for a summer party!
There is lots of fun to come over the next 3 days. I love that it is still Monday. J


No comments: