Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Vintage Needle Cases

I love old sewing notions. Even a partially used spool of thread brings a smile to my face. I wonder about the woman who was using it. Was it just for mending, or was she making clothes for her children? It's all so romantic.


This adorable wool puppy is one of my favorite finds. Just look at that face! I have never seen another one like it, so I imagine someone handmade it for a child.


When I find these little needle cases, I leave them just as I found them. With needle and thread ready for the sewers next stitches. This little hat isn't fancy, but I find it very charming.




This isn't a needle case, but it belongs in the Cutest Pincushion Hall of Fame! It's a sweet kitty wristlet. You would be smiling the entire time you were sewing if you were wearing this!


When I look through my collection of Vintage sewing supplies, it makes me want to find the nearest Antique Shop! I know there are wonderful things out there that I haven't found yet! J


1 comment:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Julie! You are right! I love these needle cases. I also love old sewing notions. I feel a connection with the women who used them. Thank you so much for saying hello. It was wonderful to hear from you! Have a great weekend! Twyla