Wednesday, January 5, 2011

COVER GIRL

The latest issue of Country Pleasures was in the mail box today, and what a treat it was for me!!

During 2010 I designed a Block of the Month quilt for this charming magazine. Today was the big reveal.


  The blocks each have 'farm' inspired names.  Country Farm, Hens and Chicks, Country Bud.  You get the picture. The 3 appliqued blocks  represent Country Village.  The barn is very reminiscent of our shop, the Giant chicken, bunnies and scarecrows.  The name of the quilt is Life on the Farm. 

It was a fun project to work on, and to see it on the cover of the Magazine, makes my heart skip a beat!

It is beautifully quilted, by a very talented friend, Pam.  Go check out her blog, and don't miss the slide show she posted on New Years Eve!  You will be inspired to make many of the quilts she has quilted and photographed!  http://quiltingsquareone.blogspot.com/

I want to wish each of you a wonderful start to 2011.  I hope you have lots of fun projects on your list, I know I do.  Some to finish up, and lots to start!  I look forward to seeing you and your projects in the months to come.  And, if you are not a local follower, send me pictures of your projects!  I love show and tell! J

4 comments:

Pam said...

Life on the Farm looks great on the front of Country Pleasures!! Thanks for the link...Pam

Mrs. DillyDally said...

Congratulations! What an accomplishment! Enjoy!

Kelly Ann said...

How cool is this....xoxo

Roniquilts2 said...

It's really lovely, Julie! Congrats on a wonderful design and being published! I'm hoping to get back to quilting after graduation this spring. I just may make a trip over to your shoppe! :) Hugs, Ronda (your long lost cousin)