Monday, December 27, 2010

FINISHING UP THE OLD


With Christmas in the rear view mirror, my husband and I headed over the mountains, for a little R&R.  There is snow, lots of snow.  And the threat of more on the way.  We have groceries, firewood, and a local winery within walking distance.  There is a stack of books on the table, DVD's, my trusty pink laptop, and a bag of unfinished projects!  What could be better?  Well, my son and his fiance had to cancel, because of the snow, having them here would be the best ever.  But, UFO's have now popped to the top of my list!


Look at that sweet stack of blades, already basted and ready for whip stitching!  I worked on them years ago, while I was on a bus trip in Boston.  If any of you remember what year Quilt Market was in Boston, please let me know.  That's when this project was started!





Yes, some are already whip stitched together, just waiting for their friends
to join them.  They are pretty stinkin' cute.  The fabrics are timeless, I know they were printed in the 80's but, they could have been printed in the 40's or 2010.  I love that about them.


They are so happy, and I am happy to have them out of the bag, and ready to play.  There will be 12 blocks, they will be appliqued to a 12" muslin block, and a yellow center will go on each one.  I might sash them in yellow, I am not sure yet.  Borders?  Binding?  They are so friendly, I am sure they will tell me exactly how they want to be finished! 

This will be my Happy 2011 quilt!!  J






























No comments: