Saturday, September 3, 2011

It's The Most Wonderful Month Of The Year!

Sweet September.  I love this month.  The smell of a new box of crayons.  Wool skirts and sweaters on an 80 degree day. New friends.  And Ronald Regan gave us National Sewing Month!  You have to sew, you must sew.  It is a National Holiday for goodness sake!

What will you sew?  I will be working on a few last minute things for my son and his fiance, class samples and a wedding quilt.  And really, anything that comes to the top of the pile. 

Today I was looking in cyberspace to see what others were working on, and Tula Pink is hosting a sew along on the Burda website.  http://www.westminsterfibers.com/sewalong/  she is one of the most creative designers out there.  I have been wanting to use her Prince Charming fabric.  It never occured to me that I could make a dress.  However, maybe this would be perfect!

What ever you decide to sew, I hope you do it with a light heart.  Have a fun time. It is a National Holiday, after all!!

No comments: