Thursday, November 17, 2011

COTTON CLUB

In September I had high hopes of getting a great head start on my Cotton Club Block of the Month sample.

I love the colors, the adorable 5" blocks and the setting.  45 blocks in all.  5 the first month, and then 4 per month for the next 10 months.  Seems very do-able.

I got off to a great start.  I completed 4 blocks one Sunday afternoon.  Each one measured the exact 5 1/2" it was supposed to.  They were so cute.  I was in Quilt Love.

 Then, I am not sure exactly what happened.  There was a beautiful wedding in October.  A stunning bride and a handsome groom.  I was a little busy with that.  There was some sewing involved, and entertaining. 

I do remember a stinkin' cold near the end of October.  Then, there was Quilt Market.  Six days in Quilt Heaven, with my 'Peeps'.   I remember walking into the shop on November 1st, and realizing that there was not 1 Christmas sample in the shop.  Not One!!  So, off to the -factory- sewing room I went.  I made 2 table runners, a child's Christmas Monkey quilt, a wall hanging and a tree skirt.  I believe that was last week.

This week, I am back in love with my Cotton Club project!


These are the Original Fab Four.  Sweet, don't you think?




 Block number 5.  I am having fun now!



Block 6.  Now we are doing 1/2 square triangles, and fussy cutting.  YIPPEE!!

I can't tell you how fun it is to work on something so small, and precise.  I feel all Giddy inside. 
A Quilt Crush, if you will.

I can't wait to get home and start block 7.

Is anyone else sewing along?  J

2 comments:

Kelly Ann said...

O'my....my Cotton Club started off with 4 blocks...that's as far as I got...Had to start my club without the sample being done...

Anonymous said...

I can see why you love this pattern and the fabrics are stunning! It reminds me of why I love the quilts from this period.