Monday, November 14, 2011

My Boy, Cameron



 I am sure many of you communicate with your children via text message. My DH and I realized a few years ago, the boys would answer a text, long before they would answer their phones. I am sure if you are out with your buddies, the last thing you want to do is have your Mama being a nagamuffin on the phone!

Cameron has a quick smile and a huge heart.  A couple of weeks ago, he was on a little adventure.  He and his buddy Joe were on a road trip.  Driving from Seattle to LA, with a few stops along the way.  First stop,  Papa and Grama Ruthie's house.




 After a couple of meals and a sleep over, the boys were on their way.  It took them several days to get to central California, but they were good about checking in.  Just because they are as tall as adults, they are still my boys!

About a week into their trip, I received a picture text from Cameron.  He found a book in a restaurant parking lot, and thought I might like it.




 
 
Yesterday, it arrived in the mail!  A 1970 edition of Better Homes and Gardens Sewing Book.  A wonderfully illustrated book with lots of practical advise about sewing.   Some of you learned to sew from this manual.  It is in a 3 ring binder, which is such a good idea!  Why don't they do that anymore?  The section on Sewing for the Home, has window treatments, how to make a slip cover for your sofa, a bed skirt-even a  canopy.  Not one mention of a quilt, table runner, wall hanging, all of the things we are sewing today.  That reminds me that 1976 was the rebirth of quilting.  I feel so lucky to be sewing during a time, when we are doing it because we love it.  Not because we have to.
 
And, that sweet boy of mine, he knows what his Mama likes! 

2 comments:

Pam said...

love it..and check this out...

http://quiltingsquareone.blogspot.com/2011/08/vintage-gift-and-teatowel-from-lily.html

gotta love those kids for knowing what their mamas LOVE

Amy said...

That was a sweet gift. Warms a Mom's heart I know.